Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spellify Updates

It's been some time since I've posted updates regarding Spellify, so here I go.

Version 1.1 hasn't gone anywhere. Zero, zilch, nada progress. I recently transitioned into a new job (yes, I work full time as a software engineer and yes, Spellify is a side project, when I'm not doing any side work), so I haven't had enough time to devote to Spellify. I will begin working on 1.1 soon which will include some much needed improvements and refractoring.

Much refractoring? Yes, the Spellify code is very much in need of it. As some of you may have noticed, Spellify came bundled with the Prototype framework, but it hardly uses it. At the time I came up with the idea of Spellify and began development, I was beginning to learn how to program in AJAX, and I wanted to do this from the ground up, without any Web 2.0 frameworks. I was pushing for a Beta release and then to a 1.0 to get the basic functionality out there so that, yes, it does what it's supposed to do without really paying attention to the nuts and bolts. After this initial push was done, I was going to go back and re-code so that it utilizes the Prototype framework more. This is the next step in the project, and it starts with version 1.1.

Finally, thanks to all who have used this and recommended it to others!

No comments: